Life with the Rusch's

Saturday, June 30, 2012

there's something on my knee

Well, first I apologize,  it's been awhile... working a lot,  teething six month old,  attempting to potty train our almost 3 yr old and preparing for the big birthday party has kept us busy.  we also took the kids to the beach for the first time and I took Eleanor bowling for her first time with Marsha and Cole (she loved it!).... so here is a story for you and a few pictures.

Thursday evening Seth was at work and I was home with the kids.  Ben was crabby and crying and had pooped 4 times in the last 2 hours.  I was excited because Eleanor had just peed on the potty... I made a big deal about it, sang a song, did a dance,  gave her a treat and let her butt get some air.  I went in the kitchen for about 2 minutes and heard "Mom!  I got something on my knee!"  she met me in the dining room and indeed, there was a large clump of something on her knee.... and her foot... and smeared on her abdomen, side, and back.... "Eleanor,  what is on your knee?"  "It's poop, mom!"  "Where did you poop?"  "on the couch"  and indeed there was poop smeared on the couch and smashed in between the cushions.  "why did you poop on the couch"  "it just came out",  sigh.  in the bathtub went Eleanor and mom got out the bucket of soapy water and sponge....  I give up.... for now.

                                                    Ben with my Dad on father's day
                                            Seth and Eleanor playing at the Beach
                                               Ben soaking up the sun
                                                  sitting like a big boy!
                                              borrowing big sister's chair and table
                                                             best buds
                                                  Super Eleanor!  (at Oliver's birthday party)
                         family shot at awesome park in maple grove where Ollie's party was
                                                        Bowling is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home